- Display your timeline, tweets and favourites
- View your mentions (@ replies)
- Manage unread tweets
- Display any user's tweets, mentions and favourites
- Conversation timeline
- Choose how many tweets to display at once
- Direct message support
- Remember scroll position on launch and reload
- Public timeline
- Pulldown to refresh timelines
- Gap detection, for when there are more Tweets available to download in your timeline
- Auto paging
- Change the font size
- Post a message to Twitter or re-tweet
- Reply to tweets
- Customisable ReTweet format including new style Twitter ReTweet
- Upload pictures from your images or take one with the iPhone camera*. Support for Twitpic, yFrog, pic.gd, Twitrpix and Twitgoo
- Update Facebook status selectively or automatically
- Post a link to your location
- View your contact list when composing and select between public reply or direct message
- Landscape posting of Tweets
- Tweet what you are currently listening to on your iPod, including a link to iTunes
- Save a Tweet as a draft to finish later
- TwitLonger support
- Generate shortened URLs. Support for TinyURL, is.gd, tr.im and bit.ly
- Schedule a Tweet to be posted later, you don't even need Tweetings open for it to post!
- Hash tag manager. Recently used hash tags are available from the compose screen
- Draft manager
- TweetShrink support
Location based features
- Support Tweet level Geolocation for individual Tweets
- Find nearby twitters and change the search radius either as a list or on a map
- Tweeters around you using Augmented Reality on your iPhone camera (iPhone 3Gs only)
- Update your profile location when you post
- In built map location viewing
- Post a link to your location
Friends and Followers
- Browse your friends and followers
- Browse any user's friends and followers
- Shortcut to go to a user
- User search
- Block/unblock users
- View users you have blocked
- Toggle tweets as favourites
- Follow / Unfollow people
- Built in web browser for viewing web pages and pictures
- Delete your own tweets
- Instapaper & ReadItLater support
- Largescreen preview of Twitpic and yFrog images
- View profile images
- Save images to your photo roll
- Email a tweet
- Translate Tweets
- Twitter list support
- Create lists
- View lists you have created, you follow or you have been added to
- View public lists any user has created or has been added to
- Add a user to one of your lists
- View followers or members of a list
- Search lists by keyword or category using TLists.com
- Set a list as default
- Multiple account support
- Push notification support. Automatically find out when someone replies or you have a new message, includes badge, sound and text alerts all configurable
- Customise the sound alert played with push notifications
- Choice of six themes, including dark and speech bubble themes
- Change theme based on the time of the day with night time theme
- Uses Twitter's oAuth, secure authentication where you don't have to give Tweetings your password*
- Mobile Safari bookmark support
- Settings can be changed from within Tweetings or from the iPhone's Settings.app
- Google Mobilizer and Instapaper Mobilizer support
- Search twitter by keyword
- Search for users
- Twitter saved search support
- View the current, daily and weekly trends
- Search for users around you
- Search based on a hash tag from a tweet
Get Tweetings Mobile
- for the iPhone or iPod touch
iPhone OS 3.0 or higher
requires a Twitter Account
View the updates from all the friends you follow. See which Tweets are new (full version only). Tweets from you are blue, mentions are yellow. To view any Tweet, simply tap it.
You can even pull down from the top of the timeline to check for updates. Quickly see messages with photos, favorites and/or retweeted
An Individual Tweet
After tapping on a Tweet you'll see the full message.. tap reply to reply, mark as favorite or re-tweet.
Tap on the user's name to see their profile, see their other recent Tweets, browse links, lists and pictures, and if the message is in reply to a user, view a conversation view.
See information about a user, such as their location, follow/unfollow, block/unblock, direct message, see their @mentions, see their followers and who they are following and more.
Tap on their location to see where they are on a map.
If you tap on a user's location in their profile view or on a tweet you'll see their location on a map
Compose a new Tweet
Tweetings has a very powerful compose screen, which can also be used in landscape mode.
From this screen you can save as draft, update your location, add or take a photo & video, select from your contact list (full version), post what you are listening to on your iPod (full version), shorten links (full version), schedule tweets and manage hash tags & previously saved drafts.
The mentions tab on the main navigation bar shows you all Tweets that mention or are a public reply to you.
To search Twitter, simply tap on the search bar and type in your query. You'll then automatically see all recent tweets for that search phrase
Save searches by tapping on the '+' icon on the top right menu bar (full version) and tap on the bookmark icon to view and retrieve your existing saved searches (full version)
View trending topics by tapping the trends icon from the menu.
You can also search for nearby tweeters, from the main menu.
The full version of Tweetings can be configured to send push notifications to your iPhone whenever you are sent a direct message or someone replies or mentions you in a Tweet.
You can configure the types of notifications to recieve in the settings and change the notification sound too.
Often users post images to Twitter, Tweetings (full version) can preview these images and even save them to your Photo Roll on your iPhone.
You can see who is tweeting nearby using a map or simply using a list.
Create your own lists, view and subscribe/unsubscribe to lists and see what lists you've been added to.
New style ReTweet support and see your ReTweets.
Customise and other Options
You can reorder and customise your tab bar, and configure most options from either within Tweetings or the iPhone's own settings application.
Tweetings has more features than we've mentioned here so take a look around the rest of our website to find out more.
Highly configurable down to automatic refreshing to Facebook status updates.
Schedule a Tweet
Set a time and date, within a 15 minute period to post your Tweet and Tweetings will go off and post that Tweet for you at that time. You don't even need to have Tweetings open at the time!
Manage Scheduled Tweets
You see a list of all scheduled tweets you've set that haven't been posted to Twitter yet. Just swipe the scheduled tweet you want to delete and tap the 'delete' button
Pick or search from hash tags you've either added or recently posted to Twitter. To remove a hash tag, just swipe to delete
Every time you save a Tweet as a draft, it get's added to the Draft Manager. Select a draft tweet to post it, or swipe to delete it