Frequently Asked Questions
I received the message: "Rate limit exceeded" message. What does this mean?
We use an Application Programming Interface (API) to communicate with Twitter. Users can only access to their server only 150 times per hour. You may get this message if you:
- Use more than two Twitter clients at the same time;
- Reload too quickly or often;
How to I get a Twitter account?
Go to twitter.com to sign up. You can't sign up from within Tweetings at this time
How can I find users by their screen name?
Go to the 'More' tab and 'Go To User'. Enter the user's screen name you wish to search for and tap either 'Go directly to user' or 'Search for user'
Why do I end up in Safari after first starting Tweetings?
We use Twitter's oAuth secure authentication to communicate with your Twitter account. This means we never need your password for basic usage of Tweetings.
For security we redirect you to Safari so that you know that only Twitter is getting your account login details.
You may need to supply Tweetings with your password later on if you want to upload photos/videos or use Push Notifications. If you're not happy with that, it's fine you just won't be able to use those features.
I get a 'Cache corrupted' error, what do I do?
Somehow the internal cache that Tweetings uses to remember past Tweets has become corrupted. If it detects this, Tweetings will try to automatically reset the cache and ask you when Tweetings loads. However you can also go to the Settings tab and tap on 'Empty cache'. This often occurs if Tweetings did not shutdown correctly at least 5 times in a row.
How to I customise the tab bar?
You can change the order and which items appear on the tab bar. Click on the 'More' tab and from the top right tab on 'Edit'. The configure window will appear
Tab and hold the icon you want to move to the navigation bar and drag it to the position you want it. Click 'Done'
Tweetings is crashing, what can I do?
If Tweetings crashes, please send us a crash report log at our support site. That will be hugely helpful to our debugging efforts.
How to send a crash log
- Sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your PC or Mac.
- A copy of the crash logs will be copied to your PC or Mac.
- Find the crash log on your PC or Mac in the folders listed below. The report files begin with "Tweetings_":
- Mac OS X : ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<DEVICE_NAME>
- Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<DEVICE_NAME>
- Send the crash report log to use using our support site
Get Tweetings Mobile
- for the iPhone or iPod touch
iPhone OS 3.0 or higher
requires a Twitter Account