What is Tweetings Sync?
Simply put, Tweetings Sync, when enabled automatically keeps unread tweets on your main timelines in sync between any platform or device you have Tweetings installed on. From iPhone to iPad to Chrome to Mac, you never have to read the same tweet twice!
What Devices is Tweetings Sync Available On?
Tweetings Sync is available on the following platforms and versions
- iPhone version 3.6.3 and higher
- iPad version 2.6.4 and higher
- Mac version 1.1.0 and higher
- Google Chrome Extension version 184.108.40.206 and higher
How do I enable it?
Tweetings Sync is not automatically enabled. If you don’t need it or don’t use Tweetings on more than one platform or device, then there is also no need to enable it.
However if you do then you can enable it as follows
- iPhone – go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Display’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Tweetings Sync’
- iPad – go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘Display’ -> ‘Advanced’ -> ‘Tweetings Sync’
- Mac – go to the main ‘Tweetings’ menu next to the Apple symbol at the top left -> ‘Preferences’ -> ‘Sync’
- Chrome – go to the ‘Options’ icon at the top right of the popup -> ‘Tweetings Sync’
How does it work… the detail
Whenever you refresh a timeline, or get new tweets, or send a tweet you may get new tweets downloaded. We take the unique identifier of that first, top, tweet of your home, mentions and DM timelines and sync them back you the external Tweetings System.
When you load on another device or platform, we grab what that identifier was, mark everything below it as read and then scroll you to exactly that position.
Please note we take the top tweet in a given timeline, not where you may have scrolled to, so when you leave one client or platform and go to another we assume everything from the previous client was read.